Can I get a "holler" please?

We three are living large. Highschool sweethearts. Married in the Newport Beach LDS Temple. Two kids. Taking life a day at a time!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Awesome Parmesan Tilapia


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I didn't have this, and so I used sprite zero. worked awesome for me!)
dried basil
ground black pepper
garlic salt
salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets (4-5 filets)

Directions
Preheat your oven to 525.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice (I had to use sprite zero tonight because it's all I had that was lemon-ish. Worked awesomely).

Season fish with dried basil, pepper, garlic salt, and salt (Or use your favorite seasonings). Set burner to highest setting, and using olive oil, brown both sides of the fish. You want a nice crisp. Don't worry about cooking the fish all the way through. Just go for that awesome golden color.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on a pan. Cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Cook in oven on 525 degrees until the parmesan mixture is lookin nice and crisp - a golden brown color. It took me about 10-15 minutes to get this color.

And voila! Best parmesan recipe I've ever tried. I've made your typical parmesan fish and parmesan chicken, but this recipe is bomb diggity. I found something similar online and tweeked it to my liking. If you prefer to broil your fish, here is the original recipe. I like to pan sear my stuff, and it's way easier than checking back and forth every couple of minutes when you're watching your food broil. I can't vouch for the original recipe, but I can vouch for the one I posted. Try it! We served it with baked beans, home made garlic rolls, and fresh green beans. Super good. Super easy. The whole dinner was ready in 20 minutes flat!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Did you just use Kraft-style powdered parmesan?

I'm totally going to make this. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I'm starving right now and would eat anything.